Alabama Beef Ambassador Rules
This competition is designed for Alabama to select an exceptional youth who is passionate and educated about the beef cattle community to compete in the 2014 National Beef Ambassador (NBAP) Competition to be held on September 27-28th, 2013 in Bentonville, AR.
- Youth that are eligible to compete in the Alabama Beef Ambassador competition must be at least 17 years of age by September 1st of the contest year, but not over the age of 20 by September 1st of the contest year.
- The winner will be responsible for completing the required NBAP packet by the deadline outlined by the NBAP prior to traveling to Arkansas for the national competition and dedicating ample time to prepare as the Alabama Beef Ambassador.
- All youth interested in competing in the Alabama Beef Ambassador competition must become familiar with the duties of the NBAP team by visiting www.beefambassador.org to ensure that the winner of the state competition has the time and commitment required if he/she wins one of the 5 coveted spots on the NBAP team for the 2014 year.
Outline of Alabama Beef Ambassador Competition:
- Youth will submit the Alabama Beef Ambassador application and a 750 word essay explaining to the committee why they would be an ideal representative as the Alabama Beef Ambassador.
- All essays will be reviewed by the Alabama Beef Ambassador committee of judges.
- The top 3 essays will be selected and those youth will be required to meet at the Alabama Cattlemen’s Association building in Montgomery, AL for an in-depth interview with the judges.
- Once interviews have been completed, a winner will be selected as the Alabama Beef Ambassador. The Alabama Beef Ambassador will be selected based on the following:
- 40% essay score
- 60% interview score.
- Once selected, the Alabama Beef Ambassador will spend the summer completing the requirements to compete in the National Beef Ambassador Competition in Bentonville, AR.
All participants in the Alabama Beef Ambassador competition will be responsible for their expenses to and from the interview in Montgomery, AL. The individual that is selected to be the Alabama Beef Ambassador will have their expenses paid in full to and from the National Beef Ambassador Competition, funded through the Alabama State Beef Checkoff and the Alabama CattleWomen’s Association.
All applications and essays must be submitted and have arrived to the Alabama Cattlemen’s Association by May 3rd, 2013. Submissions can be done through mail or email. Here is the information for submission:
Alabama Cattlemen’s Association
ATTN: Erin Beasley
PO BOX 2499
Montgomery, AL 36102
All contestants will be notified by May 13th and given additional information about the interview process if he/she has been selected for the Top 3
Please contact Erin Beasley, 334-265-1867, at the Alabama Cattlemen’s Association regarding all questions regarding the Alabama Beef Ambassador competition.