The purpose of the Beef Checkoff Council is to serve as a division of the association to approve all activities, marketing plans and budgets related to the Alabama Beef Checkoff program.
The Beef Checkoff Council in Alabama is a 15-person council serving a one-year term, up to three (3) years consecutively beginning January 1 of the current year. The council will meet quarterly in conjunction with the Alabama Cattlemen's Association Board of Directors. Members of the council are as follows:
- ACA Officer
- ACA Treasurer
- Five (5) appointed cattle producers
- Alabama Livestock Marketing Association (LMA) President
- Alabama CattleWomen's Association (ACWA) President
- Alabama Farmers Federation Beef Commodity Director
- Commissioner of Agriculture or designee
- Four (4) at-large positions representing retail, foodservice, academia, Extension and/or producer groups
Council members must be 18 years or older, apply annually for a seat on the council and can sit on the Beef Checkoff Task Force held each fall to brainstorm ideas for the upcoming years marketing plan. Council members will elect a chairperson and vice-chair annually.
Applications for at-large positions will be available each summer and must be submitted to the Executive Committee for approval before being considered by current council members for a vote to serve.