Rules and Guidelines
Saturday, March 9, 2013
SLE Rodeo, Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, AL
- Teams may consist off up to 4 people. They can be from a business, local community group, or people who love to cook beef! Any team that is not from a media station must check the amateur division on the registration form.
- Teams are eligible to cook a dish for the hamburger, steak, or both categories. All products must be 100% beef products. Winners from each division and category will be eligible for judging for the "Best in Beef" award.
- Teams will have 1 hr. to prepare dishes for judging starting at 4:30 PM.
- Teams are responsible for bringing all equipment, beef and seasonings needed to prepare their product for judging.
- In order to be judged by consumers for the "People's Choice Award", all teams must provide bite-size samples of their dish for up to 100 people. Consumers will have the opportunity to taste these samples while the judging is taking place for your team.
- Winners and recognition will be announced for the following:
a. 1st Place Media Team, Steak
b. 1st Place Media Team, Hamburger
c. 1st Place Amateur Team, Steak
d. 1st Place Amateur Team, Hamburger
e. "Best In Beef" Award
f. "People's Beef Choice" Award
- Teams will be provided with the following
a. One 6 ft. table
b. Food handler gloves, toothpicks, napkins for consumer samplers to judge for "People's Beef Choice" Award
c. "I Love Beef" Aprons for each team member
To Complete By Mail:
You may also print off this form and complete by hand:
Send completed form to:
Alabama Cattlemens Cowboy Cook-Off
C/O Erin Beasley
201 South Bainbridge St
Montgomery, AL 36102
For questions about the Cowboy Cook-off, please contact Erin Beasley at the Alabama Cattlemen's Association, 334-265-1867 or email@example.com